The School Board meets twice each term and comprises two members of the general community, the school Principal, two staff members and six parents.
Purpose of the Board
The Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of students and will enhance the education provided by the school.
Functions of the Board
The Board will :
- Take part in establishing and reviewing the school's objectives, priorities and general policies, and formulate codes of conduct for students at the school.
- Approve Charges and Contributions, and extra cost optional components determined by the Principal for the provision of educational materials, services and programs in the school.
- Approve Items for Personal Use (Book lists) determined by the Principal to support the school's educational programs.
- Endorse the school budget
- Determine in consultation with students, parents and staff a dress code for students.
- Promote the school in the community.
Limit of Functions
The Board cannot intervene in the control or management of the school, intervene in the educational instruction of students, exercise authority over staff employed at the school or intervene in the management or operation of a school funds.
2022 Board Members
- Michelle Hardwick (Chairperson)
- Jacqui O'Donnell (Principal)
- Hutoxi Mistry
- Chris Daley
- Hari Sahadevan
- Zaneta Kapor
- Jodie Firman (Staff member)
- Chris Boulay (Staff member)
- Sugandree Muruvan (Community member)
- Cr. Peter Shanavas JP (Community member)
You can contact the School Board via email: firstname.lastname@example.org